INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
The Economic and Social Council is the only tripartite social dialogue institution at national level, with a consultative role to the Government in the development and implementation of economic and social policies. The Economic and Social Council has an advisory role, and issues opinions and recommendations to the Government on matters pertaining to economic development; labour market policies; wage and price policies in the field of labour and social insurance; social protection; healthcare; environment; fiscal policy; working conditions and occupational safety and health; education; culture; professional development, vocational training and other fields of economic and social interest of the employers and workers.
A number of progress reports by the European Commission indicate a need to further develop social dialogue among main stakeholders in the economy. In this direction, the International Labour Organization assists the country in its endeavors to advance the social dialogue as an essential element of the European Social Model, which promotes competitiveness, sharing of gains and enhancing economic prosperity and social well-being. This assistance is channeled through the project Strengthening Social Dialogue, funded by the European Union and implemented by the International Labour Organization.
The overall objective of the Strengthening Social Dialogue Project is to improve the social dialogue as a means to create more and better jobs. This will be achieved through institutional and legislative improvement along with activities aimed at strengthening the capacities of the tripartite actors to engage effectively in social dialogue. The project consists of three specific components, namely:
|Specific objective 1||Enhanced participation of the ESC in shaping the national economic and social reform agenda|
|Specific objective 2||Enhanced participation of local ESCs in formulation and implementation of local employment policies|
|Specific objective 3||Increased effectiveness of Trade Unions and Employers’ Organizations|
Component 1 aims at improving the functioning and visibility of the ESC through devising methods for increasing its influence and overcoming challenges in funding, opinion making and tracking the follow up to its recommendations/opinions/advice. The Action will facilitate national reflection on necessary changes to the current legal and institutional frameworks of the ESC and will assist the tripartite constituents in seeking customized solutions to current legal and practical bottlenecks.
Call for expression of interest within Component 1: Enhanced participation of the Economic and Social Council in shaping the national economic and social reform agenda
The present call for expression of interest aims at prospecting marketing and communication agencies, which will be interested in contributing to the design and revision of the communication strategy for the Economic and Social Council in coordination with the project team and with Ms Cristina Mihes, ILO Senior Specialist in Social Dialogue and Labour Law. Marketing and communication agencies interested in completing the assignment detailed below are encouraged to submit their applications:
|Activity||Task details||Time frame||Estimated number of days|
|1.6.1 – Revision of the ESC communication strategy||Revision of the existing and development of a new communication strategy for improved visibility of the Economic and Social Council||April – May 2019|
Conditions for eligibility
The service providing company herein supplier, should be:
– A legal person with full authorization to provide services in the requested field;
– Adequately staffed to undertake the assumed tasks in due time and at agreed costs;
– Equipped with sufficient infrastructure (owned or contracted) for designing, producing and providing goods or services related to the present ToR in time and places agreed with the beneficiary;
– Experienced in the field of communication by hard and electronic means and with a relevant portfolio matter related;
– The Contractor must be a formal employer, with no criminal or fiscal records and with a stable certified financial situation.
Tasks to be accomplished by the Supplier
The supplier will undertake to provide services related to following activities:
- Basic analysis on the awareness and expectation levels among the relevant government and ministries representatives, MPs, journalists, business community and TUs, to serve as a basis for the communication strategy;
- Revision the existing and proposal of a communication strategy taking in consideration the objectives:
- a) Awareness raising of the general public on ESC activity through a regular media coverage;
- b) Awareness raising of the relevant government and ministries representatives, and MPs on the added value of the opinions and recommendations of the national ESC;
- Design key messages and develop adequate communications tools so as to reach out to the above mentioned target audiences;
- Encourage networking among national and local Economic and Social Councils.
The list of above mentioned outputs is not restrictive. It could be amended following consultation of project team and fitting the approved budget.
Application of External Collaborators/Consulting companies
Marketing and communication agencies interested to collaborate with the EU-funded and ILO-implemented project Strengthening Social Dialogue in the above areas of expertise are kindly requested to submit their expression of interest by 25 April 2019 to the e-mail addresses email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Marketing and communication agencies should submit the following:
– Agency portfolio
– Prior experience in the relevant field
– List of references
– Technical offer (including proposed communication tools to attain the objectives listed above)
– Financial offer
The shortlisted agencies may be called for an interview.
The ILO retains the right to accept or reject any application. Selection of the marketing and communication agency will be done according to ILO procedures. Applicants will be contacted by the project office and they will receive the terms of reference with detailed requirements and descriptions of tasks. Marketing and communication agency selected for a particular assignment will sign an external collaboration contract with the ILO for the specific task and for a specific duration; this by no means constitutes permanent employment by the ILO or any prospect thereof.